- Nicolas Herzig, Perla Maiolino, Fumiya Iida, Thrishantha Nanayakkara, “A Variable Stiffness Robotic Probe for Soft Tissue Palpation”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), pp. 1168 – 1175, vol. 3, issue 2, 2018. PDF
- Seyedmohammadhadi Sadati, Luis Sullivan, Ian Walker, Kaspar Althoefer, Thrishantha Nanayakkara “3D-Printable Thermoactive Helical Interface with Decentralized Morphological Stiffness Control for Continuum Manipulators”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), vol. 3, no. 3, pp.2283 – 2290, 2018. PDF
- Ranasinghe, A., Dasgupta, P., Nagar, A., & Nanayakkara, T. (2018). Human Behavioral Metrics of a Predictive Model Emerging During Robot-Assisted Following Without Visual Feedback. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 3(3), pp. 2624-2631. PDF
- A. Shiva, S.M.H. Sadati, Y. Noh, J. Fraś, A. Ataka, H. Wurdemann, H. Hauser, I. Walker, T. Nanayakkara2, K. Althoefer, “Elasticity vs. Hyperelasticity Considerations in Quasi-Static Modelling of a Soft Finger-like Robotic Appendage for Real-time Position & Force Estimation”, accepted in Soft Robotics, 2018.
- Isuri Wijesundera, Malka Halgamuge, Ampalavanapillai Nirmalathas, Thrishantha Nanayakkara, “Predicting the Mean First Passage Time (MFPT) to reach any state for a passive dynamic walker with steady-state variability”, PLoS ONE 13(11): e0207665, 2018. PDF
- Cotugno G, Konstantinova J, Althoefer K, Nanayakkara T (2018) Modelling the structure of object-independent human affordances of approaching to grasp for robotic hands. PLoS ONE 13(12): e0208228. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0208228. PDF
Peer-reviewed conference papers:
- Seyedmohammadhadi Sadati, Luis Sullivan, Ian Walker, Kaspar Althoefer, Thrishantha Nanayakkara “3D-Printable Thermoactive Helical Interface with Decentralized Morphological Stiffness Control for Continuum Manipulators”, ICRA2018 PDF
- Sadati, S. H., Naghibi, S. E., Althoefer, K., & Nanayakkara, T. (2018, April). Toward a low hysteresis helical scale Jamming interface inspired by teleost fish scale morphology and arrangement. In 2018 IEEE International Conference on Soft Robotics (RoboSoft) (pp. 455-460). IEEE. (first IEEE International Conference on Soft Robotics) PDF
- He, L., Herzig, N., de Lusignan, S., & Nanayakkara, T. (2018, July). Granular Jamming Based Controllable Organ Design for Abdominal Palpation. In 2018 40th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC) (pp. 2154-2157). IEEE. PDF
- Ashraf Weheliye, Prokar Dasgupta, Thrishantha Nanayakkara, “Haptic Information Gain in Remote Soft Tissue Examination Using a Controllable Stiffness Robotic Probe”, accepted in IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS), 2018.